Student Village - post and parcels
The Quantock Post Room provides a complimentary service to ensure the safe/secure receipt of your parcels.
It is situated in the Quantock Court pavilion building, at the bottom of the student village and is for students residing in the Student Village.
You can contact the post room on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Post room Hours
Monday to Friday: 13:00 - 18:45
Royal Mail & post boxes
- Royal Mail will deliver post directly to the post boxes in the Student Village pavilion buildings
- Items that require a signature will be brought straight to the post room
- Your post box is the same number as your flat & is shared with your whole flat
- All postboxes are secured with coded padlocks, codes will be sent to your email. If you haven't received this, please contact Accommodation Services
- Please check your post box regularly and ensure that the padlock is secured afterwards
- If you notice any damage to the padlock, please report to Cotswold or Wallscourt Park Customer Services
Ordering parcels via courier
- Couriers should always try to deliver directly to you, either at your house or via the intercom to your flat
- Arrange a delivery time when you are available
- Please don't ask the couriers to deliver to Cotswold Customer Services or the Post Room if you are on-site and available to collect it yourself
- If you are receiving mail from Amazon, you should use the Amazon lockers
There are Amazon lockers located in Brecon and Quantock courtyards as well as the SU building, for use by all students.
How to order to an Amazon locker:
- Go to ‘your account’ on Amazon
- Select ‘your addresses’
- Click on ’add address’
- To add an Amazon locker click ‘here’
- Search for a locker location using the post code option and insert either BS16 1ZG for Brecon Court or BS16 1ZP for Quantock Court Lockers
- Click ‘select’ to add the location to your address book
- You can then select ‘ship to this address’ during the check-out process and complete your order as usual. NOTE: all items in your order must be eligible for delivery to a Locker.
How to collect a parcel from a locker:
- Take the unique pickup code that you received via email or text to your Locker location
- Enter your code on the touch screen display and collect your parcel
Collecting parcels from Quantock Post Room
- When we have received a parcel for you, we will notify you when it is available to pick up. Please come to pick it up as quickly as possible following this email.
- Please bring photo ID (student ID, driving license/ passport) to collect your parcel.
- If you use our complimentary service, be aware that parcels can take up to 48 hours to process - maybe longer if it is over a weekend/bank holiday.
- During busy periods, e.g. Black Friday, processing can take +72 hours. Therefore we recommend you always be in to receive parcels, or make an order as far in advance so it is available to you when you need it.
- Please ensure you use the hand gelling stations nearby before and after collecting your post, When collecting items from the post room only one person can access the area at any one time & a face covering must be worn when collecting your post or parcel
- If we haven't sent you this email notifying you to come and collect something, your parcel is not ready to collect and we will not be able to let you to collect it.
- BE AWARE: even if your courier notifies you that your parcel has been delivered to us, you cannot collect it from us until we have processed it and you have received an email from us.
- You have 14 days to collect your parcel from us, after this period it will be returned to sender.
- The post room does not operate a returns service, you can use the Campus Post Office (4D30) or arrange courier collection.
Collecting on behalf of a friend
- You can nominate a friend to collect your parcel
- Please email us your full name and student ID, request for a friend to collect it and provide their name and student number
- They will need to bring their student ID when they collect this for you
- Read Next
- Treasure Hunt Photo Competition Coffee Cake and Colouring HallsLife Craft Club - Terrarium Edition Dip Dye Disco Recipe of the week - Quick Leftover Miso Soup Recipe of the week - Vegetable Curry Recipe of the week - Easy Spaghetti Bolognese Cooking 101 - How to roast a chicken Recipe of the week - Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus Plastic FREE July competition
- Blackbullion - Money Advice Surviving First Year as a Mature Student #Plastic Free July How to use social media to settle into freshers life How to decorate your uni room Thought about changing your diet? Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts Wondering what to bring to Uni? Your private accommodation shopping list Centre for Music - Online Classes