31 minutes remaining



01 /How To Check Your Funding

Depending on where you live, the course you're studying and if you are an International student there are different student finance funding options available to you. Click on the following links to find out how you're supported... 

Full-time undergraduates (UK/EU)

EU (including Gibraltar)
Isle of Man

Nursing and other NHS students
Part-time students

Full and part-time postgraduates (UK/EU)

Postgraduate Funding 

Check here to see if you are eligible for a bursary or scholarship

International Students

As an international student you are not eligible to apply for student loans in the UK. Therefore it is important to think carefully about how to manage your money well to avoid experiencing financial difficulties. To find out more click here. 

If you are struggling to budget you can get help to find part-time work while you study from the Careers and Employment Service and find part-time vacancies on JobsOnline. You’ll need to apply for a national insurance number to be able to work in the UK.

EU Students

If you're an EU national or the family member of an EU national you might qualify for help from Student Finance England (SFE) towards your tuition fees and in certain circumstances your living costs. Depending on your circumstances, you may qualify for:

  • help with tuition fees - non means tested loan
  • help with tuition fees and 'additional help' - for example a loan for living costs and/or grants

To find out more click here.

Need more information?

If you have any questions about student finance or are experiencing any financial difficulties, our Welfare, Immigration and Funding Advisers are here to help. Visit the Ask4Help desk on the Ground Floor or  

Email: sv.welfareandinternational@northumbria.ac.uk
Phone: 0191 227 4127