Things to do in Sheffield that cost £0.00
We all love a good bargain, especially in Yorkshire! And there's no better bargain than getting summat for nowt, so with that in mind here's our little list of things you can do for free:
If you have 30 minutes...
- Galleries - Soak up some art, Sheffield's got one of the biggest art scenes outside London, and there are countless galleries and studios you can visit for free.
- Botanical Gardens - When the sun is out and the sky is blue, the Botanical Gardens next to Collegiate Campus are a place to sit back and relax. This is also an excellent study space if you want to get outdoors and enjoy the weather.
If you have 1 to 2 hours...
- Museums - Weston Park Museum tells the story of Sheffield from the perspective of those who have lived in the city. It's also got an impressive woolly rhino - worth a visit on its own, surely?
- Browsing - You can easily spend a couple of hours browsing the treasures in the local independent shops around Division Street in the city centre and Ecclesall Road near Collegiate Campus.
If you have 3 to 4 hours...
If you have all day...
- Peak District - Whether you prefer to look at the vast, untouched countryside or want to explore the many hidden rural treasures, the Peaks are a winner for anyone looking for a cheap day out.
- Read Next
- The Moor Student Shopping Festival Insta worthy spots in Sheffield Browzer Tips - Getting around Sheffield LIV Student top 5 student hangouts! Sheffield - make the most of the outdoor city The Best of The Fests IKEA Trip & Activities Sheffield Freshers' Nights Out Browzer Picks: Places to eat in Sheffield Freshers' Fair at O2 Academy Things to do in Sheff - National Videogame Museum What's Sheffield Like?
- SHU Jobs: Student Accommodation Assistant Arrivals Weekend: Keys & Car Parking All the uni supplies you NEED Sheffield Freshers' Nights Out Taste Hallam Showcase Event (free food!)