What to pack
You're going to be heading off on a new adventure soon, and the temptation is to buy loads of new stuff to take with you. Our advice is to bring the essentials with you on moving day and figure the rest out once you're here - wait until you know the size of your room and what everyone else has brought before making loads of new purchases.
Here's a list of some things will need over the first few days and so will definitely need to bring with you from home:
- Documentation / ID
- Bedding (pillows, quilt, sheets)
- Coat hangers
- Laundry bag/hamper
- Bathmat (if you have an en-suite bathroom particularly)
- Bedside/desk lamp
- Kitchen utensils
Make sure you have at least one plate, bowl, saucepan, glass and mug as well as a set of cutlery.
Remember once you're here your flat will be your household and so it's best to wait and see what everyone else has bought before you start buying full sets of everything. If you will be living in a Studio you will need to buy your own cooking equipment as you will not be sharing a kitchen.
- Food to last you a few days before you head to the shops - see our tips on what to bring here.
- Bring some photos / memorable items and other comfortable items like cushions to make you feel at home.
There are also things that you CAN'T bring to uni, click here for more information.
- Read Next
- How to get your flow test ready for Welcome Week Welcome Week events in Halls Greenbank Outdoor Cinema Campus Outdoor Cinema When to Self-isolate in Halls Halls Life Baking Kits Halls Welcome Quiz Greenbank Welcome BBQ Melville & Tudor Welcome BBQ Vine Court Welcome BBQ
- Requesting to move rooms Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Travelling around the City and to Greenbank Understanding your room number Finding your next home Get involved in Halls Life Halls Contact Information Finding Housemates Halls Welcome Quiz Living with people who are not 'your people'