Moving Out Information
If you are a First Year Undergraduate it’s nearly time for you to say goodbye to Halls. In order for your departure to run smoothly we ask that you read through the following information.
Contract end date
Your contract will end on Saturday 18th June 2021. You will not be able to stay in your room any later than this date. If you wish to extend your contract over the summer period, please submit a summer stay request through Liverpool Life: https://liverpool-life.liv.ac.uk
It’s not too late to secure UOL accommodation for next year, apply via Liverpool Life if you still require accommodation.
Prior to departure
Before handing in your keys, please complete the following:
- Clean your room and en-suite to a reasonable standard
- Remove food and personal belongings from your kitchen
- Remove all rubbish from your room and kitchen. There are two ways to do this:
- Recycle using the ‘Leave Liverpool Tidy’ boxes
- Place small waste items in your kitchen bin
To receive back your full deposit, you must complete all tasks in the departure checklist at the bottom of this document and your room must be free from damage. If any damage is found during inspection, we will cross check against the inventory form you filled in at check in before charging you accordingly. If your room is tidy and free from damage your deposit will be returned within six weeks from the end date of your contract.
All of the Halls have different Car Parking available, you will receive an email from your Hall explaining what / where is available for you.
‘Leave Liverpool Tidy’ banks are available in the main reception and in most Halls car parks.
Students on 1st year undergraduate contracts will be required to remove their belongings before 18th June 2021 at the very latest. For UK based students we are unable to keep your belongings any later than this date. Returning undergraduate students will be required to remove their belongings before 9th July 2021 at the very latest. Postgraduate students will be required to remove their belongings before 31st August 2021.
It is your responsibility to remove all belongings from your bedroom and communal area. We will contact you via phone or email if we find any items of high value (eg passport, driving licence, and laptop) and will store them for a maximum of 28 days after you have checked out. All other items will either be donated to charity, recycled or disposed of. To read our policy click here.
Mail and parcels
You will need to change your postal address with family, friends, your bank and, on websites such as Amazon. Please note: parcels that arrive after the 18th June will be returned to sender as we are unable to forward post on.
You can check out any time before Saturday 18th June 2021. On the day you check out, bring your key card and post box key to Reception and sign out. Please let a member of staff know you are checking out to avoid any confusion over items in your room. To help you with your move, please refer to the departure check list below.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this important information. On behalf of the whole Halls team we would like to wish you the best of luck in your career and we sincerely hope that your time with us has been as memorable for you as you have made it for us.
- Read Next
- Moving In - Top Tips Campus Food and Drink to help your brain study Top tips for succeeding this exam season! Exam Fuel Recipes: super speedy stir fry Exam Fuel Recipes: hearty pasta bake Exam Fuel Recipes: overnight oats Exam Fuel Recipes: Our Top Picks Try vegan this January Preparing to come back to Halls after the Winter Break When to self-isolate in Halls
- Requesting to move rooms Halls Facebook Groups 2021/22 Travelling around the City and to Greenbank Finding your next home Get involved in Halls Life Try vegan this January Online support for your Mental Wellbeing Halls Contact Information Supporting someone who is struggling with their Mental Health Moving Out Information