Living in a different country can be tough. You may be missing your family, friends or maybe just the weather...
If you're missing home, why not try cooking some of your home dishes for your friends? If you've met other international students you could take it in turns and sample food from over the world or impress your flatmates with your culinary skills!
A cook-off is a great idea for LOTS of reasons:
1. It'll take you back to memories at home with your family/friends eating your favourite food. This will help to take away those homesickness blues whilst still reminding you of everything you love about home.
2. It gives you an excuse to call your other relatives to refresh your memory on the recipes. You get to have a fun catch-up whilst you're on the phone too.
3. Not only do you get to eat your delicious home comforts but you get to experience food from other parts of the world for FREE.
4. Make the most of your time in the kitchen because cooking is enjoyable and relaxing. You'll be very satisfied when everyone ends up loving your food too!
5. It's a great way to socialise with the friends you've already made or get closer to your flatmates. You'll have a really fun night in and you could learn some more recipes to cook when you go home.
6. You can learn new recipes but you should show people how to cook your food too. The more dishes a student can cook the better and for many people, your traditional food will be a new experience.
Food can cure a lot of things and hopefully, your homesickness will be one of those.