03 /Get Work Experience While You're a Student
Work experience and taking part in extra-curricular activities will help to develop your employability skills and enhance your CV. Sign up to JobsOnline and find part-time, volunteering and work experience opportunities, including placements.
- Come to the Northumbria Part-Time Jobs Fair on Tuesday 26 September, 11am-3pm, Domain, Students' Union. Meet a wide range of organisations recruiting for local part-time, casual and vacation paid work.
- Get help to prepare and get your CV ready with 1-1 support in the Careers Information and Job Search Drop-in - Monday to Friday 1-3pm in Student Central, City Campus Library.
- Get clued up before you apply - read our essential information on finding part-time jobs which covers pay, tax and national insurance.
- International students - find out about any conditions that might apply to you, such as the number of hours you're permitted to work.
- EU students - it's business as usual so there are currently no changes if you are an EU national.
- Find out about part-time work on campus and sign up to the student rep database.
- Check the Students' Union website to find out about how you can get involved, start volunteering or become a rep.
- Find out about opportunities to volunteer through Northumbria Sport.
- Log your volunteering on the HEAR - Higher Education Achievement Report.
- Find out about Student Engagement Roles available with the sustainability team here.
On your course
Take advantage of the opportunities you will get on your programme. This could be getting involved in a work related project, taking up a placement, spending a semester abroad or participating in Erasmus+ Exchange. These experiences will enhance your commercial awareness, improve your career prospects and give your career an international reach.
Come along to the Study Abroad Fair on Wednesday 18 October, 3-6pm, ground floor, City Campus East 1. The event will include an exhibition with partner universities, presentations about how to apply and a chance to meet students who have previously been on placement. Partnering countries include Germany, Japan, Spain, Italy, France, Romania, Lithuania, Sweden, Hungry, Brazil and Poland.