244 minutes remaining


When You Arrive

02 /International student support

Content Image

Moving to a different country can be challenging, especially when you are trying to remember everything you need to do before you leave home and when you arrive.

You may feel unsure about the following...

  • Immigration and visa queries
  • Permission to work in the UK
  • Student finance
  • Driving in the UK
  • Registering with the police
  • Making friends 
  • Advice on living in the UK

Don’t worry! That’s where our trained advisers come in. They can offer you a range of advice on all these queries and more. Just visit an Ask4Help point or find more information on our website.

Police registration (for international students)

If you are a citizen of one of the countries listed below, and if your Entry Clearance Vignette/Transit Visa (visa in passport) states ‘Register with the Police within seven days’ or your BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) states ‘Register/Report to Police’, you must register with the Police within seven days of arriving in the UK.

Content Image

For more information about how you register with the police, please speak to a Welfare, Immigration and Funding Adviser in Student Central.