Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 tbsp. piri-piri marinade (you can buy mild, medium or hot)
- 1 tbsp. sunflower oil
- 2 peppers, any colour, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ bunch spring onion, sliced, white and green parts separated
- 4 tbsp. tomato purée
- 1 tbsp. sweet smoked paprika
- 250g cooked rice
- vegetables or salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Slash each piece of chicken 3 times, so the marinade can really flavour the meat. Pour over the sauce and leave in the fridge to marinate, if you have time. If not, mix well and arrange in a roasting tin.
- Cook for 30 mins, then increase heat to 220C/200C fan/gas 7 and cook for about 15 mins more until the outside is crispy and golden.
- When the chicken is almost ready, heat the oil in a frying pan. Cook the peppers and white parts of the spring onions for 5 mins.
- Tip in the purée and paprika, stir, then add the rice, breaking up with a wooden spoon so all the grains are coated well. Use a high heat and scrape any that sticks off the bottom so you get some soft and some crispy parts. Heat until piping hot.
- Scatter the green parts of the spring onion on top and serve with the chicken, and some vegetables or salad, if you like.