Winter Warmer Recipe - Roast Veg Bake
It's pretty cold and dark and, at times like this, it can be a struggle to feel inspired when it comes to dinner time. To try and help you along we're sharing one of our favourite recipes and a classic ‘throw it all in' dish.
This recipe will serve 4, or last for 4 meals for one person. If you want to bulk it out a bit have some warm crusty bread or some hummus on the side.
- 2 peppers, take the seeds out and roughly chop
- 200g white mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced in to wedges
- 1 aubergine, thickly sliced
- 2 courgettes, thickly sliced
- 200g red lentils
- Olive Oil (to cover the veg)
- 1 veg stock – in 400ml of hot water
- Optional: 250g pack halloumi, thickly sliced
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (180˚C fan / mark 6). Put the vegetables into a large roasting tin, drizzle over the oil and season well with salt, pepper and any other seasoning you want. Mix everything together to make sure it's all seasoned.
- Pop the tray in the oven and roast for 25min until they are almost tender.
- Take the tray out and sprinkle over the lentils, move the veg around to make sure the lentils are underneath. Pour over the hot stock (just 400ml).
- Pop it back in the oven and continue to roast for a further 15 - 20min until the lentils and vegetables are cooked through.
- If you want to add another element - once everything looks cooked then preheat the grill to high. Lay the halloumi slices on top of the roasted vegetables and grill for around 5min until golden.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- Read Next
- Philharmonic HSC Cooking Competition Melville HSC St Patricks Day Packs Looking after your mental health at university Crown HSC St Patricks Day Packs Vine HSC International Women's Day Packs Greenbank HSC International Women's Day Packs International Women's Day Activity Packs Tudor HSC Easter Activity Packs Tudor HSC St Patricks Day Packs Blog Writing Opportunity for Careers
- What to do if you're not happy with your room Winter Warmer Recipe - Roast Veg Bake Halls Facebook Groups 2020/21 Get involved in Halls Life Halls Contact Information Supporting someone who is struggling with their Mental Health Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool Advice for looking after your money