Moving Out Information
When it comes time for you to leave halls, please follow the below instructions.
Contract End Date
Please make sure you know when your contract end date is and move out by 10am on the allocated day. You will not be able to stay in your room any later than this date.
Prior to Departure
Before handing in your keys, please complete the following:
- Clean your room and bathroom to a reasonable standard
- Remove food and personal belongings from your kitchen. Please note there will usually be food collection boxes available in reception for any unwanted food items.
- Removed personal belongings from your bedroom. Please note there will usually be clothes collection boxes available in reception for any unwanted clothing (see below).
- Remove all rubbish from your room and kitchen.
- Place small waste items in your kitchen bin
To receive back your full deposit, you must complete all tasks in the “departure checklist” (below) and your room must be free from damage. If any damage is found during inspection, we will cross check against the inventory form you filled in at check in before charging you accordingly. If your room is tidy and free from damage your deposit will be returned within six weeks from the end date of your contract. For a full list of cleaning and damage charges click here.
Trolleys are available to use from some receptions free of charge just make sure you check with reception staff in advance. If they are available you will need your Student ID card to borrow a trolley which must be returned to reception after use. Car Parking will vary at each Hall so make sure you have checked where you can park before leaving your vehicle. You will be issued with a ticket if you park in an undesignated parking area.
Leave Liverpool Tidy - along with the British Heart Foundation's Pack For Good - is a city wide project that aims to re-use, recycle and ultimately reduce the amount of items going to landfill. The project collects unwanted items which are then redistributed to those in need in the local community and students. So, when you move out of your accommodation over summer and are left with lots of items you no longer want, Leave Liverpool Tidy will step in to collect, sort and redistribute your items to avoid creating lots of waste and offer much them to those in most need across the community. In 2019 over 12 tonnes of items were redistributed through this project - Click here to find out more.
It is your responsibility to remove all belongings from your bedroom and communal area. We will contact you via phone or email if we find any items of high value (EG. passport, driving licence, and laptop) and will store them for a maximum of 28 days after you have checked out. All other items will either be donated to charity, recycled or disposed of; to read our policy click here.
Mail and Parcels
You will need to change your postal address with family, friends, your bank and on websites such as Amazon. We will hold your post and parcels for two weeks after you check out, but after this it will be returned to the sender.
On the day you check out, bring your key card and post box key to reception and sign out. Please let a member of staff know you are departing your room to avoid any confusion over items in your room.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this important information. On behalf of the whole team at University of Liverpool Halls we would like to wish you the best of luck in your career and we sincerely hope that your time with us has been as memorable for you as you have made it for us.
- Read Next
- Philharmonic HSC Cooking Competition Melville HSC St Patricks Day Packs Looking after your mental health at university Crown HSC St Patricks Day Packs Vine HSC International Women's Day Packs Greenbank HSC International Women's Day Packs International Women's Day Activity Packs Tudor HSC Easter Activity Packs Tudor HSC St Patricks Day Packs Blog Writing Opportunity for Careers
- What to do if you're not happy with your room Winter Warmer Recipe - Roast Veg Bake Halls Facebook Groups 2020/21 Get involved in Halls Life Halls Contact Information Supporting someone who is struggling with their Mental Health Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool Advice for looking after your money