Meet the Peer Mentors
Peer Mentors are current students and so have shared the same experiences and dealt with similar issues as many first year students are now facing. This enables them to signpost students to the correct support or guidance services in and around the university. With their knowledge and experience, a Peer Mentor can provide a different perspective on your time at university.
Mentors will have a positive approach and will help you to build confidence when dealing with new experiences. They can tell you more about the University and the wonderful city of Liverpool. Mentors will:
- hold virtual drop-in sessions
- deliver general wellbeing sessions
- be available via Handshake (Careers’ new University platform for students) to answer any queries you might have, just send them a quick message!
- help you find local amenities such as the nearest doctors, shops, cafés, nightlife
- show you where to get general information on your course or University as a whole
- advise you on useful hacks for time management, routine and general wellbeing – basically, hacks to help you keep on top of things.
Peer Mentors can be contacted via Handshake. The scheme is not course specific so you are free to contact any of the mentors via the messaging function.
You will be asked to complete a confidentiality statement and questionnaire, and then they can help you with your query and/or signpost you in the right direction. If you don't hear back from a mentor within 48 hours and need immediate support please contact email@example.com. Alternatively, please feel free to contact another mentor.
As students you should all be signed up to Handshake, if not, you can sign up here. Just follow the instructions below:
- Visit https://liverpool.joinhandshake.co.uk/ and select 'Sign in with your University of Liverpool MWS account'
- Enter your username in the exact format of MWSusername@liverpool.ac.uk
- Enter your MWS password
- You can then go through the stages to activate your account.
- Read Next
- Climate Crisis - Week of Action International Women's Day Activity Packs Tudor HSC Easter Activity Packs Tudor HSC St Patricks Day Packs Blog Writing Opportunity for Careers Winter Warmer Recipe: Black Bean Quesadilla Creating a Budget Student Behaviour in Halls Winter Warmer Recipe: Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Rent Rebate and Contract Terminations
- What to do if you're not happy with your room Winter Warmer Recipe - Roast Veg Bake Halls Facebook Groups 2020/21 Get involved in Halls Life Understanding your room number Halls Contact Information Supporting someone who is struggling with their Mental Health Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool