Life in Halls: COVID 19 Guidance
As we enter our second Lockdown period, please be aware that the COVID 19 additional safety measures in halls are more important now than ever, these include:
- Staying at home as much as possible for the lockdown period, you can leave for any education commitments and some other exemptions listed here.
- Government guidance states that you 'must not move back and forward between your permanent home and student home during term time. You should only return home at the end of term.' They will publish further guidance soon on how you can travel home safely at the end of term.
- Social distancing whenever you are not in your flat / with your household
- Regularly using hand sanitiser and washing your hands
- Lifts only being used by one person/household at a time
- Face coverings to be worn by staff and students whenever you step outside of your flat
- Socialising only with your household. Please click here for advice if you think you need to self-isolate.
Socialising with other households/flats
You can exercise or visit outdoor public places with:
- the people you live with
- your support bubble
- when on your own, with 1 person from another household
No guests are permitted in Halls so you cannot have other people visit you in your flat (whether external to your Hall or a member of another flat). This includes daytime and overnight guests. When socialising in your flat this should be limited to members of your flat only.
Please be aware there is a noise curfew of 11pm in Halls. After this time noise should be kept to a minimum and should not be heard outside the room you are in to avoid disturbing others.
In line with the above, large gatherings and parties are not permitted, and this includes outdoor spaces at Halls. It is important to be aware that the University may take disciplinary action or the police and other enforcement officers may issue penalty notices if this is not followed.
What to do if you have a concern
This household guidance involves a new way of living in Halls, and we want to support you to live together as a community. If someone in your household is not following the rules, in the first instance please try and raise this with them directly. If this does not resolve the issue, please contact your Residential Adviser for support. If a problem persists, your RA will be able to escalate this to your Hall Warden for disciplinary action. It is important to be aware that the University may take disciplinary action or the police and other enforcement officers may issue penalty notices if this is not followed.
Any noise concerns in the evening/overnight should be reported to the duty RA, and any concerns in the day to your Hall Reception Team.
There will be a maximum of 4 students in the laundry room at any one time, you should leave the room during your laundry cycles and come back to collect your items once finished. Your washing should be prepared in your bedroom; do not shake your clothing in the laundry area. The circuit app can be downloaded to check the availability of machines before you head to the laundrette.
Please ensure that you use hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the laundry area. There will be wipes available to wipe down machines before/after use.
When collecting any post and parcels from the reception area, you should wear a face covering at all times. We also ask that you come alone rather than with others when collecting parcels. Where possible, for non-essential deliveries we ask that you look to use alternative delivery options such as Amazon lockers.
Getting a test
Tests are available for all UoL students through the University by clicking here and booking directly.
If you live at Greenbank Student Village testing is available there twice a week. There is a maximum of 12 tests per day and these are self-swab tests, with results within 24 -48 hours via text. If you wish to book a test you should email GreenbankStudentVillageReception@liverpool.ac.uk
Please be aware that all Covid-19 information is subject to change and will be reviewed throughout the year. Keep an eye on your emails and Halls Life to stay up to date with changes, including changes to household guidance.
- Read Next
- Melville HSC Pizza & Movie Night Holiday Guidance for Halls Residents Tudor Close Christmas Giveaway Crown Place Activity Pack COVID 19: Conduct in Halls COVID 19 Testing at Greenbank Tudor Close Activity Packs Melville Grove Activity Packs Dover Court Activity Packs Greenbank Student Village Activity Packs
- What to do if you're not happy with your room Halls Facebook Groups 2020/21 Get involved in Halls Life Halls Contact Information Supporting someone who is struggling with their Mental Health Moving Out Information Finding Housemates Register with a Doctor in Liverpool Advice for budgeting your money COVID 19: Information for students self-isolating