Accommodation: Frequently Asked Questions
A big welcome to everyone who is considering applying, or has already applied, for our accommodation! Please see below an overview of answers to students frequently asked questions, and where to go for more information.
Key points for students who have applied / will be applying for our accommodation are:
- You can apply for accommodation as soon as you have received your Student ID number (nine-digit number beginning with '20'). Don’t wait for an invite to apply for accommodation - apply via the Liverpool Life Portal here.
- Allocations are made based on date of application (1st come, 1st served)
- If you're a new undergraduate student, we guarantee to find you accommodation either within our halls or our University Approved providers if you have the University of Liverpool as your 1st choice and you have accepted an Unconditional Firm offer (UF) or a Conditional Firm offer (CF). You must also have applied for your accommodation no later than 31st July in the year you are coming to University.
If you have us as your Insurance choice, or come through clearing, we will try our best to offer you a place in our accommodation or University approved accommodation.
- You will only be sent a room offer once you have received your exam results & accepted your place - please visit the Accommodation website for a timeline of accommodation applications and offers.
- You will be notified via email of your room offer so make sure you use an account you will have access to and check all your folders!
- Please make sure you have completed the Halls Entrants Survey here if you have applied.
We do our best to meet all of our students needs, however due to the very high demand of our rooms, please remember:
- We cannot guarantee to offer you any of your 3 preferences so consider all locations and room types.
- All of our rooms are single occupancy rooms except our shared studio apartments at Greenbank Student Village which you can share with a friend. These come with single bunk beds and there is only a small number available.
- We are unable to place you in a particular flat, floor or a flat with a particular number of students. We are unable to guarantee to place 1st year undergraduates in a friendship group.
- There is no parking available in halls on campus. Click here to learn more about travel around campus and city.
- Pets/animals of any variety are not allowed within our accommodation.
What if I change my mind?
- Once you've applied, you can change your preferences at any stage prior to receiving an offer. To do this, simply email email@example.com with your Student ID number and your 3 new preferences in full and we will amend these for you. This does not affect the date of your application.
- Once you have been allocated a room and accepted your offer, you can cancel your contract within 7 days of accepting without any penalties. After 7 days of accepting your contract you are legally bound to the terms and the fees for the full duration, whether you move into the accommodation or not. You can find more information on the termination policy on the accommodation website.
- Once you have arrived. we operate a room move service. You must place a request under the requests section of the Liverpool Life portal to notify us that you want to move room. Room moves are subject to availability and operated in date order.
When do I need to pay for accommodation?
All Accommodation Fees are paid online to the Student Fees Department in 3 equal instalments or in full in October. You can find further information by visiting the fees page here.
- Utilities (electricity, water, gas, internet/wifi)
- The TV licence in the communal areas is also included. However, you may require a TV licence for your own room. Please visit the TV licensing website here for more information.
- Contents insurance via Endsleigh is provided. Please note that you can extend this cover for more expensive items.
What is the Accommodation Discount?
The University and the Guild have agreed to offer a new accommodation discount worth £800 to students living in University accommodation, if they are in receipt of the full or partial Liverpool Bursary as well as other bursaries such as Care Leavers. To find out of you are entitled to the Accommodation Discount, please read through the Accommodation Discount Guidelines here.
- Read Next
- Halls Welcome Events Virus control in the Princes Park area Volunteering and Societies Foolproof meal-prep recipes Video: Choosing and applying for your Halls Gatherings and Noise Finding your next home Where to find help Representing your University Life in the Community
- Rooms in our Halls Moving in to Halls - All you need to know Moving In - Top Tips Moving Out Information Finding Housemates What to pack Foolproof meal-prep recipes Exploring Liverpool: Online Taking a Digital Detox in Lockdown How to get involved in halls life